Join Oct. 24 web chat with Human Resources VP Dwaine Duckett
Do you have questions about the revised staff layoff policy? Are you wondering about health care rates for 2012? Did you know that UC is expanding its family-friendly programs?
Dwaine B. Duckett, UC’s vice president for Human Resources, will answer faculty and staff questions on those and other topics Oct. 24 during a live, web-based conversation with Penny Herbert, UC staff advisor to the Regents, and Ravinder Singh, chair of the Council of UC Staff Assemblies.
This is a great opportunity for faculty and staff to talk with and ask questions of VP Duckett about a number of important employee issues. Specific items to be covered include:
- The revised staff layoff policy
- Health insurance premiums for 2012
- Future UCRP contributions
- UC’s new family-friendly programs
“With all the challenges that UC faces right now, Ravinder and I wanted to host this event to give employees a chance to talk directly with UC leadership about some of our current workplace issues,” Herbert said.
- The online event will be held next Monday, Oct. 24, from 1 to 2 p.m. Faculty and staff can view the webcast by going to: http://www.ustream.tv/ucevents.
- To submit questions and comments, participants must create a UStream account. This is a simple process that takes about one minute. Sign up for an account here: http://www.ustream.tv/login-signup. (Creating a UStream account is not required to view the webcast.)
Technical information about participating in the webcast:
To participate in the live webcast, we recommend the following:
- A high-speed (broadband) Internet connection (1.5mbps/sec or greater)
- Speakers and/or headphones to listen to audio
We have tested the stream and chat with the following Internet browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8 and 9*
- Firefox 3
- Safari 5
- Google Chrome
*Please note: Users who attempt to create a UStream account using Internet Explorer 7 may encounter problems. We recommend using Firefox or Internet Explorer 8 to create an account. An account is required only if you wish to participate in the chat session; you may view the webcast without participating in the web chat and without creating a UStream account.