Fall 2011 WorkFit Program half-session still has openings
Now’s the time to get in shape for the holidays.
The popular WorkFit program fall 2011 half-session #2 started last week and still has spaces available. If you have not registered or need to re-up your fall half-session #1, get registered and bring your sweats. WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level.
For Franklin WorkFitters: The Marriott Oakland City Center is hosting the program through the end of the fall session. The bigger space at the Marriott has allowed the program to expand to four days a week.
For Kaiser WorkFitters, the program continues in the same space, room 260 on the second floor of the two-story Kaiser Mall Building, adjacent to the garage.
Fall session #2 membership is $30. This allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location until the end of the session on Dec. 9 (Franklin) and Dec. 21 (Kaiser). Friends and family (over age 18) are welcome to join for the same low price.
To register, check out WorkFit under the Topics of Interest section of the UCOP EHS website. Family and friends (over age 18) are welcome to join for the same low price.
Franklin/Marriott schedule (Monitors in the Marriott lobby will identify the WorkFit location each day. Note that no classes will be held on Nov. 11, Veteran’s Day, or Thanksgiving week, the week of Nov. 21.):
- Stretch & Release: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Monday and Wednesday, 12:20 to 1:05 p.m.
- Yoga Toning: Friday, 12:20 to 1:05 p.m.
- Yoga: Monday and Wednesday, 4:45-5:30 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Tuesday and Thursday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Crazy about Core: Tuesday and Thursday, 12:20 to 1:05 p.m.
- Zumba: Tuesday and Thursday, 4:45 to 5:30 p.m.
Kaiser Mall Building, Room 260 (Note that there will be no classes on Nov. 11 or the week of Thanksgiving, Nov. 21.):
- Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 12 to 12:45 p.m.
- Crazy about Core: Tuesday and Thursday, 12 to 12:45 p.m.
- Zumba: Monday and Wednesday, 5:00 to 5:45 p.m.
- Yoga: Tuesday and Thursday, 5:00 to 5:45 p.m.
About the classes
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy about Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage, all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Yoga Toning (Franklin) is a power workout using yoga movements to improve strength, flexibility and endurance. A nice complementary workout to Circuit Training.
- Zumba is a cardio dance workout to the beat of Latin music.
For information including location details, registration and schedule; check out the Topics section of the UCOP EHS website.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports. For questions, contact Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.