Management Skills Assessment: Apply by Friday, March 16
UC’s 2012 Management Skills Assessment Program (MSAP), a week-long residential program designed to assess management competencies and skills of UC managers, will take place April 30 through May 4 at Asilomar Conference Facility in Pacific Grove.
The application deadline for being an assessee or an assessor is 5 p.m. Friday, March 16. To apply, download an application form on the program website.
Throughout the program, participants experience simulated scenario exercises, give and receive objective behavioral feedback, discuss their own strengths and areas for growth and begin a plan for advancing management skills in their careers at UC.
Benefits include enhanced awareness of management competencies and skills, practice giving and receiving objective behavioral feedback, opportunities to collaborate and network with colleagues systemwide as well as create a personalized individual career development plan.
Here are the program’s key dates:
- 5 p.m., Friday, March 16: Applications due
- Tuesday, April 3: Orientation session at UCOP
- Monday, April 30, through Friday, May 4: Program at Asilomar (for assessors)
- Tuesday, May 1, through Friday, May 4: Program at Asilomar (for assessees)
- Tuesday, June 12: Follow-up session at UCOP
For questions, contact Linda Klink, UCOP Learning and Development coordinator, at 510-987-0673 or firstname.lastname@example.org.