Time to spring into shape with UCOP’s WorkFit Program
The popular WorkFit program spring half-session #2 started this week. If you have not registered or need to renew your spring half-session #1, get registered and bring your sweats.
Both Franklin and Kaiser are enjoying the popular Zumba class. If you haven’t tried it, now is the time! WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level.
News for Franklin
While the Oakland Marriott City Center completes the remodel of their meeting spaces, the mid-day classes are temporarily located at CSU East Bay at 1000 Broadway (entrance is on the 11th Street side, halfway between Broadway and Franklin). Once again, Kate White and her staff at CSUEB will host the program in Room 1.
New this session is Dawn Patrol Yoga, held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 to 7:45 a.m. in Lobby One Conference Room. It’s a nice way to start the day.
At Kaiser, the program continues in the same space on the second floor of the two-story Kaiser Mall building, adjacent to the garage.
The spring session #2 membership fee of $30 allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location through the end of the session Friday, April 27. Family and friends (over age 18) are welcome to join for the same low price!
To register, go to UC Berkeley’s RecSports website. If you are new to WorkFit, please log in as “Community,” create a new account and set up your profile. If you’ve forgotten your password, follow the instructions to have it reset.
Franklin Building (Lobby One and CSU East Bay)
Franklin Building class times are listed below. Please note that there will be no classes at CSU on Wednesday, March 28.
Weather permitting (no rain, snow or protests), an outdoor alternative program will be offered; meet your instructor 5 minutes before the start of the class in the Franklin Lobby by the Broadway Street entrance. Classes marked with an asterisk may be canceled due to space availability.
- *Yoga: Tuesday/Thursday, 7 to 7:45 a.m., Lobby One
- Stretch & Release: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., CSUEB
- Circuit Training: Monday/Wednesday, 12:20 to 1:05 p.m., CSUEB
- Yoga Toning: Friday, 12:20 to 1:05 p.m., CSUEB
- *Yoga: Monday, 4:45 to 5:30 p.m., Lobby One
- Circuit Training: Tuesday/Thursday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., CSUEB
- Crazy about Core: Tuesday/Thursday, 12:20 to 1:05 p.m., CSUEB
- *Zumba: Tuesday, 4:45 to 5:30 p.m., Lobby One
Kaiser Mall Building (Room 260)
Classes at the Kaiser location include:
- Circuit Training: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 12 to 12:45 p.m.
- Crazy about Core: Tuesday/Thursday, 12 to 12:45 p.m.
- Zumba: Monday/Wednesday, 5 to 5:45 p.m.
- Yoga: Tuesday/Thursday, 5 to 5:45 p.m.
Please note that no classes will be held at either the Franklin or Kaiser locations on Friday, March 30 (Cesar Chavez Day), or the week of April 9 through 13.
About the classes
Whether your interest is improving your endurance, strengthening your core or increasing your flexibility, WorkFit has something for you!
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using weights, stability balls and other props.
- Crazy about Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage, all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Yoga Toning (Franklin) is a power workout using Yoga movements to improve strength, flexibility and endurance. A nice complementary workout to Circuit Training.
- Zumba is a cardio dance workout to the beat of Latin music.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions? Contact Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.