UCOP classes this month: Coaching and presentation skills
Have you seen UCOP’s new course catalog, Learning and development opportunities to grow your career? It’s full of great classes that are offered right here at the Franklin and Kaiser office locations free of charge.
Spaces are still available in two courses coming up this month, Coaching for Improved Performance on May 15 and Presenting with Confidence on May 17.
Coaching for Improved Performance
This half-day class takes place Tuesday, May 15, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in 5320 Franklin. The second of four sessions in the Performance Management Series, it offers guidance for recognizing and assessing performance issues as well as opportunities to practice coaching for employee performance improvement and development.
Learning objectives include:
- How to diagnose performance problems
- Practice coaching communication skills to improve employee performance
- Discuss corrective action in situations of continuing poor performance
The four-class series is recommended for all supervisors and managers to help them assess performance and provide support in developing their employees and maximizing the potential of their team. The first class in the series, Setting Performance Expectations, is recommended as a prerequisite.
Presenting with Confidence
This full-day interactive workshop takes place Thursday, May 17, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in 5320 Franklin. It’s the class for you if making a presentation keeps you up at night.
Practice planning, designing and delivering powerful presentations through exercises that will help you:
- Recognize the value of planning and designing a presentation with essential components.
- Understand the concept and practice of “presentation presence.”
- Identify your key strengths and challenges as a presenter.
- Initiate the process of delivering more effective presentations.
To enroll in either class, click on the class title above, which links to the UC Learning Center. Log in with your UCOP user name and password. Search for the class title and click REGISTER next to the class, then SUBMIT.