Classes this month in leadership, business writing skills
Upcoming classes offered this month by UCOP Learning and Development include Essentials of Leadership and Write Right! Here are the details:
Essentials of Leadership, Tuesday, Sept. 18, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 12322 Franklin
This four-hour workshop teaches essential skills to meet both practical business needs and people’s personal needs. The class provides a set of proven interaction skills, seven leadership imperatives for meeting today’s challenges and will help leaders:
- Multiply their effectiveness to motivate and help their team be more effective.
- Accomplish more interactions in less time and improve interpersonal relationships.
- Help people enhance their performance by providing them with meaningful feedback.
Write Right!, Thursday, Sept. 20, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 11326 Franklin
This all-day class in business writing helps you learn to construct clear complete sentences, eliminate grammatical errors, use punctuation marks correctly, capitalize correctly and consistently and proofread effectively.
To register for these classes, go to the UCOP Learning Center:
- Log in using your UCOP login and password.
- Using the Search box on the left, type in the name of the class you want; that will bring up Results of Search.
- Click the session you want, then click on the Register box and Submit.