Manage performance all year with these UCOP workshops
Managing performance is an ongoing process, one that increases employees’ effectiveness as well their engagement.
Clearly setting and communicating job expectations, coaching, giving feedback and developing employees are all components of performance management that managers can use to enhance performance and assist in their team members’ development.
Throughout the year, UCOP Local Human Resources schedules the performance management series to provide managers and supervisors the tools they need to better manage performance. Course offerings include:
Setting Performance Expectations
- Wednesday, Oct. 24
- 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 12322 Franklin
The first class in the series offers guidance on how to set performance expectations for your employees, an important component of the annual performance appraisal process that will give you specific criteria for evaluating performance at the end of the year.
The other three sessions, coming up in November and December and also scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., include:
- Coaching for Improved Performance, Nov. 28, 12322 Franklin
- Conducting Performance Appraisals, Dec. 4, 11326 Franklin
- Developing Employees through Delegation, Dec. 13, 12322 Franklin
To register for any of these classes, go to the UC Learning Center:
- Log in using your UCOP login and password.
- Using the Search box on the left, type in the name of the class you want; that will bring up Results of Search.
- Click the session you want, then click on the Register box and Submit.