Act by Dec. 31 to receive your W-2 electronically
Did you know that you can receive your W-2 electronically, eliminating all the muss and fuss of paper forms and the uncertainty of mail delivery?
UCLA Payroll Services, the office that processes UCOP’s payroll, strongly encourages you to sign up for electronic W-2 distribution through At Your Service Online, if you haven’t done so already.
Use of online W-2 distribution gives you the following advantages:
- saves paper and environmental resources
- reduces costs of supplies and services to strengthen UC’s budget
- allows you to get a head start on your tax returns (electronic W-2s are released about two weeks prior to paper W-2s)
- reduces the number of mailed forms lost in the mail or sent to old addresses
- provides you with a secure source to access current and past W-2 forms
Be sure to sign up for electronic W-2 distribution before the deadline of Dec. 31, 2012, and check out this instructional video to guide you in the process.
U.S. Postal Service delivery of W-2 forms
W-2 forms for employees who do not sign up for electronic distribution will be mailed by Jan. 31, 2013 (as required by IRS regulations), to the employee’s home address on file in the Personnel/Payroll System. The deadline for making address changes in the At Your Service system is Jan. 7, 2013.
Note that forms will not be distributed to departments this year.
For any questions, please call the UCLA payroll hotline at 310-794-8752.