Management Skills Assessment Program: Apply by March 6
UC’s 2013 Management Skills Assessment Program (MSAP), a weeklong residential program designed to assess management competencies and skills of UC managers, takes place April 29 through May 3 at Asilomar Conference Facility in Pacific Grove.
The deadline for applying to be an assessor or an assessee is 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 6. You can find program details and application forms on the MSAP program website.
Throughout the program, trained assessors guide participants through simulated scenario exercises, give and receive objective behavioral feedback, discuss their own strengths and areas for growth and begin a plan for advancing their management skills in careers at UC.
Benefits include enhanced awareness of management competencies and skills, practice giving and receiving objective behavioral feedback, opportunities to collaborate and network with UC colleagues systemwide as well as create a personalized individual career development plan.
Here are the program’s key dates:
- Wednesday, March 6, 5 pm: Applications due
- Wednesday, March 20, 10 am to 12 pm: Systemwide orientation (webinar)
- Thursday, April 4, 9 to 10 am: UCOP orientation (10325 Franklin)
- Monday, April 29, to Friday, May 3: Program at Asilomar (assessors)
- Tuesday, April 30, to Friday, May 3: Program at Asilomar (assessees)
- Friday, June 14, 9 to 10 am: Follow-up session (Franklin Lobby 1)
For questions, contact Linda Klink, UCOP Learning and Development coordinator, at Linda.Klink@ucop.edu or 510-987-0673.