Risk Services Today spring issue now available online
Do you know the current California law governing the use of cell phones for talking and texting while driving? If not, check out the spring issue of Risk Services Today, the biannual newsletter produced by UCOP’s Office of Risk Services.
The cover story provides a rundown of how state law has evolved since 2008, when legislation was first enacted to prohibit the use of handheld devices while driving. The current law, which took effect Jan. 1, 2013, allows hands-free texting with the assistance of voice-activated technology and devices.
Check out the issue for several other stories, including:
- UC’s “Blue and Gold” travel insurance plan, which employees can now purchase to cover their personal travel overseas
- The plan under way for all UC facilities to go smoke and tobacco free by 2014
- UC’s efforts to mitigate workers’ compensation cases and costs
- Fiat Lux, a new captive insurance company formed by UC to enhance its risk management coverage while also lowering costs
- The Enterprise Risk Management website and how it is becoming a resource for major private and public organizations worldwide
- Two new program managers, Angela DeBortoli and Brenda Lillington, who have joined the Risk Services team