Napolitano appointment tops busy Regents agenda
The UC Board of Regents had a full agenda at their July 16–18 meeting, where they appointed Janet Napolitano the 20th president of the University of California and took action on several other items.
Follow these links for more coverage of the meeting:
- UC President Mark G. Yudof, at his final regents meeting, delivered remarks reflecting on his five-year tenure and looking ahead to UC’s future.
- The university released its 2013 Accountability Report, detailing how UC is doing in meeting key goals related to teaching, research and public service.
- Provost Aimée Dorr presented UC’s plans for online courses aimed at reducing bottlenecks undergraduates often face in completing required coursework.
- The regents approved supplemental tuition for four professional degree programs and a modest increase for students enrolled in UC’s four nursing schools.
- Recently elected UC Board of Regents chair Bruce D. Varner, an attorney and UC alumnus, presided over the meeting, the first of his one-year tenure.
- The regents approved the appointment of Sadia Saifuddin, a UC Berkeley student majoring in social welfare, as the 2014–15 student regent.