Staff Appreciation Week is here: Don’t miss a beat
Staff Appreciation Week is upon us, and there’s bound to be something for everyone to enjoy. See the full lineup of events for the week, and don’t miss these updates:
In case you missed yesterday afternoon’s reception for incoming UC President Janet Napolitano, she will also be available to meet staff following the Talent Showcase on Friday, Oct. 4.
The Oakland Museum, located just a six-block walk from the Franklin building at 1000 Oak St., is opening its doors free of charge to UCOP staff all day on Thursday, Oct. 3, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Just show your UCOP security badge for free entry.
If you’re a Cal football fan and haven’t yet RSVP’d to EVP Nathan Brostrom’s pregame hot dog party, to be held before the Saturday, Oct. 5, game, it’s not too late. Here’s how you can join the fun:
- The Oct. 5 game vs. Washington State takes place at 1 p.m. at Memorial Stadium. First, get your discount tickets for the game online and enter code UCOP2013FB under the photo of Memorial Stadium.
- The pregame party takes place at 11 a.m. Get more details by emailing your RSVP to Jane.Schnorrenberg@ucop.edu or Sutton.Bennett@ucop.edu. The deadline has been extended to 5 p.m. today, Tuesday, Oct. 1.
Note that there will be no First Friday Breakfast at Franklin on Friday, Oct. 4, due to Staff Appreciation Week, but the Second Friday Breakfast at Kaiser will take place on Friday, Oct. 11, as usual.
Here’s the full lineup of the rest of the week’s activities:
Tuesday, Oct. 1:
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Carnival Midway, Franklin fifth floor rooftop garden
- Includes photo booth, tacos with all the fixings and tabling by UCOP’s affinity groups
Wednesday, Oct. 2:
- 11:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Brown bag lunch, Franklin fifth floor rooftop garden
- Featuring live music by Paul Branin and his quartet
Thursday, Oct. 3:
- Community Day, with volunteer groups going to the Oakland Zoo and Alameda County Food Bank
- Oakland Museum open to badge-holding UCOP staff free of charge all day, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Departmental activities
Friday, Oct. 4:
- 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.: Talent Showcase and Service Milestone Awards, Kaiser building auditorium
- President Napolitano available to meet staff following the event
- Includes wine and cheese reception
Saturday, Oct. 5:
- 11 a.m.: Pregame hot dog party at EVP Nathan Brostrom’s Berkeley home for UCOP ticket-holders
- 1 p.m.: Golden Bears football vs. Washington State at Cal’s Memorial Stadium on the Berkeley campus
See you there!