UCOP Young Professionals Power Panel Dec. 4: New Leaders, New Opportunities
With any change in leadership comes new opportunities. How does one prepare for a transition in leadership, and how does one remain agile and succeed under a new management structure?
Join UCOP’s Young Professionals Association (YPA) for a panel discussion and question-and-answer session, entitled New Leaders, New Opportunities, on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 12 to 1 p.m. in 9204 Franklin.
Panelists include three UCOP leaders who have managed to successfully navigate such changes:
- Assistant Vice Provost Yvette Gullatt, Education Partnerships
- Associate Vice President Debora Obley, Budget and Capital Resources
- Deputy to the Chief of Staff Gail Riley, Office of the Secretary of the Regents
The room has limited capacity, so please RSVP to Chris Parmelee at Chris.Parmelee@ucop.edu if you are interested in attending. You can also participate via ReadyTalk; dial in to 1-866-740-1260 and enter access code 2873333.
Here are some of the questions the YPA wants to ask the panelists:
- How would you engage the new president or other leader in the elevator?
- What is the appropriate time and place to bring ideas to the attention of new leadership?
- How do you personally prepare for a change in leadership?
- Who is the best boss or other leader you have worked for, and why?
- How would you spotlight your individual contributions to set you apart from your peers?
You are encouraged to bring your own questions and your lunch to this event.