45: The magic number for reimbursements
If you often submit travel or entertainment reimbursement requests, make sure to set yourself up for success by following these helpful tips from the Business Resource Center (BRC).
- Submit expense reports to the Business Resource Center (BRC) as soon as possible. Per UC policy, expense reports must be submitted within 45 days following the end of your trip.
- If you have a travel and entertainment credit card, make sure to submit it within 7 to 10 days of completion of travel to ensure payment within the 30-day billing cycle — and review frequently asked questions about the card.
- After you’ve submitted your request, be sure to log in to Express to review and approve your reimbursements.
Tell the whole story
- Provide a detailed reason for your trip and your business travel dates.
- Follow this outline of Required Travel Documentation and include all required receipts.
- Include all trip expenses (even if some have already been paid by UC).
- If you are appending personal travel to a business trip, run and save an airfare comparison at the time of booking.
- If your hotel rate exceeds the $275 allotment (excluding taxes and fees), run and save a hotel comparison at time of booking. Review hotel cost criteria.
Be informed – avoid surprises
- Refer to the BRC’s travel reimbursement quick tips for the most important guidelines related to travel and entertainment.
- Review the BRC’s list of required travel documentation for reimbursements
Questions? Contact BRCTravelandEnt@ucop.edu.Tags: BRC, reimbursements, travel, ucop admin