Get direct deposit: Eight great reasons
Still getting a paper paycheck? Ditch that dinosaur and harness the many benefits of direct deposit today! Here are eight great reasons to make the switch.
- Say “no more” to your paycheck-day ATM runs. Skip the bank rush and let UC add it straight to your account.
- Get your money faster. When UC directly deposits your wages, you don’t have to wait for your check to arrive in the mail or for your bank to clear it — on payday, you’re really paid!
- Don’t fear your short-term memory or strong winds. Your pay will never get misplaced, dropped or accidentally discarded like a paper check might.
- Curb identity theft. With your money deposited directly to your account, no one can pretend to be you and cash your hard-earned wages.
- Play the field. Want to put aside a set amount of cash each month for your vacation fund? With direct deposit, your pay can be split automatically between up to three different accounts.
- Be green. Electronic payments are more environmentally friendly — less paper, less processing, less physical transit.
- It’s free! That’s right — you can get all the benefits described above at no cost to you or your family.
- You may even make money. Many banks offer incentives for new customers who open checking accounts with direct deposit, like this $200 offer from Chase.
It’s easy to sign up
Here’s how to enroll:
- Log in to UCPath online
- On the left side of the screen, select Employee Actions > Income and Taxes > Direct Deposit
- Answer the security questions
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to enter your bank account information
Setting up or changing your direct deposit preferences may take up to two pay periods. In the meantime, you’ll continue to receive a paper check.Tags: direct deposit, UCPath