Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with UC ANR
Join UC Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) in celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month 2021 (from Sep. 15 to Oct. 15) with a series of Zoom events for the UC and greater Latino community!
All events will take place from 1 – 2:30 p.m. PT and will be moderated by Ricardo Vela, program manager, News and Information Outreach, ANR.
English Zoom forums
Sept. 22: Indigenous Migrant Communities — The forgotten ones in the age of COVID19
This forum will spotlight and analyze the experiences and forms of organizing during COVID-19 and its impact on the livelihoods and identities of Indigenous and migrant farmworkers. COVID-19 has highly impacted Indigenous peoples due to the exclusion of undocumented people from most benefits, as well as structural inequities in access to health and other resources.
* Guest speaker: Arcenio López, executive director, Mixtec Indígena Organization Project
Sept. 29: Meet the 2021 Hispanic Heritage Month Honorees
To celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, ANR has partnered with volunteers from Master Gardeners, 4-H youth advisors and CalFresh Healthy Living educators to bring educational programs to the Latino community.
* 2021 honorees: Katherine E. Soule and Liliana Vega, 4-H Youth Development; Tuline N. Baycal and Leticia Christian, CalFresh Healthy Living, UC; Jairo Diaz, Gilberto Magallon and Gersain Lopez, Desert Recreation, Imperial County
Spanish Zoom forums
Oct. 6: Be better parents — how to make your kid a leader
* Guest speaker: Claudia Diaz, 4-H youth development advisor
Oct. 13: How to have a successful vegetable garden
* Guest speakers: Elizabeth Anne Sutherland, Elicha Gatelumendi and Lucia Filippou, Master Garden Volunteers from Contra Costa UC Cooperative Extension
Oct. 15: The power of a nutritional meal
* Guest speaker: Susana Matias Medrano, Nutritional Science & Toxicology, UC Cooperative Extension, Berkeley
For more information, visit the Hispanic Heritage Month 2021 website.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.Tags: ANR, Hispanic Heritage Month