New Confronting Racism event: Tools and Strategies for Transforming Our Institution
The UC Office of the President’s Graduate, Undergraduate and Equity Affairs (GUEA) and Office of Workplace Inclusion and Belonging (OWIB) continue their virtual Confronting Racism speaker series with a special event on April 19 — Imagining an Anti-Racist UC: Tools and Strategies for Transforming Our Institution.
Members of the UC-Coro Systemwide Leadership Collaborative (2020 Northern California cohort) will present findings, recommendations and resources from a reflection tool and audio stories they developed. Their purpose in creating and sharing these materials is to inspire the UC community to confront racism through the daily actions and decisions we make in our jobs.
- What: Confronting Racism — Imagining an Anti-Racist UC: Tools and Strategies for Transforming Our Institution.
- When: April 19, 12 – 1 p.m. (PT)
- Registration: Register online here
- Élida Bautista, Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley
- David Castellanos, Chief Financial Officer, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, UC Berkeley
- Wylie Liu, Executive Director, Center for Community Engagement, UCSF
- Judy Young, Executive Director, National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health, UCSF
About the Confronting Racism Speaker Series
The Confronting Racism speaker series is a program of virtual learning opportunities organized and cosponsored by Graduate, Undergraduate and Equity Affairs (GUEA) and the Office of Workplace Inclusion and Belonging (OWIB). Inspired by President Drake and the work of the UCOP Anti-Racism Task Force, Confronting Racism brings UC lecturers from a broad array of fields to UCOP to highlight contemporary issues related to equity, diversity and inclusion. All UCOP community members are encouraged to attend these events to broaden their perspective, learn how to adopt anti-racist principles in their own lives and engage in meaningful conversations with guest lecturers and colleagues.Tags: Confronting Racism speaker series, GUEA, OWIB