- This event has passed.
LastPass Drop-In Clinic
Thursday, August 4, 9:30 am – 10:00 am
One event on Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 9:30am
One event on Monday, August 8, 2022 at 9:30am
Strong and secure passwords are a critical part of UCOP’s “Security First” posture. More than 40 percent of companies experiencing a breach do so because of a bad password, and the average person reuses a password 14 times!
Here is what you can do to fight back:
- Create long passwords with a variety of letters, numbers and characters, and change them periodically
- Create passwords that are not easily guessed and are not tied to personal information
- Use a different password for every unique login
- Use a Password Manager: LastPass will be available to you on Tuesday, August 2, 2022!
How can LastPass help me?
With LastPass, you don’t have to remember your passwords — LastPass does it for you!
- Automatically store passwords created in a browser that saves time with future logins
- Automatically fill in passwords so no copy/paste (or memory) needed
- Generate new, complex passwords with no need to create strong passwords on your own
- Share passwords with team members via LastPass team folders
- Add custom notes to each password profile
- LastPass monitors your email address and will immediately notify you if it finds your address has been compromised
What you need to do:
You will receive an activation email from LastPass. This will be an external email that looks like the screenshot below. Please activate LastPass as soon as you receive this email. If you do not receive an activation email by end of day Tuesday, please contact ServiceDesk@ucop.edu.