UCBAC Presents Chiefs of Staff
Wednesday, May 19, 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Chiefs of staff help to ensure that the chief executive is carrying out the strategic objectives of the institution in alignment with its mission and values. The chief of staff serves as executive advisor and confidant to a chief executive, working behind the scenes and with other institutional leaders to solve problems, mediate disputes and deal with issues, large and small.
This event is part of the UC Black Administrators’ Council (UCBAC) Leadership Reflection Series, which highlights Black, Chicano/Latino, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indigenous, women and first-generation leaders in higher education. Panelists will share their career trajectories and offer leadership principles and practices for career advancement.
- Janhavi Bonville, Associate Executive Vice Chancellor, UCSF
- Yolanda Gorman, Chief of Staff to the Chancellor, UCLA
- Jenny Kao, Chief of Staff and Chief Policy Advisor to the President, UC Office of the President
- Mia Settles-Tidwell, Assistant Vice Chancellor and Chief of Staff to the Vice Chancellor for Equity and Inclusion, UC Berkeley
- Yvette Gullatt, Vice President for Graduate and Undergraduate Affairs and Vice Provost for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, UC Office of the President