WorkFit returns Jan. 10 Try a free one week trial
Spring 2011 WorkFit Program resumes January 10
It’s the new year: resolve to get fit with WorkFit!
The Spring 2011 session starts Monday January 10 with a try-it-for free week. Bring your sweats. Grab a colleague! Take a friend! Nudge your spouse or siblings to join you as the popular WorkFit program returns to OP next week with a try-it-for-free week.
If you haven’t tried it, now is the time! WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level.
Great news for Franklin WorkFitters: While the former credit union space at Franklin is undergoing remodeling, the program will temporarily relocate to the CSU building at 1000 Broadway, Room 1. Good news: the schedule has us in the same room for the duration of the temporary relocation. Not so-good news: the CSU facility is primarily a classroom environment so we have some noise and hour restrictions that temporarily impact the schedule.
As a result, new offerings at both locations and the P.M. sessions at Franklin are on hold until after the program moves back to the remodeled Franklin space after early February. Plans call for the addition of the wildly popular Zumba (possibly at both locations) when the program moves back to Franklin. Keep an eye on Link for the announcements.
Based on feedback from our dedicated participants, three membership options are offered for Spring:
• Full membership for the Spring session, formerly called the FlexPass, $50. This allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location until the end of the session on April, 29, 2011.
• Half-Session $30. This allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location for the first half of the Spring 2011 session until March 11, 2011.
• A second half-session membership will be offered for $30. from March 7, 2011 until April, 29, 2011- keep an eye on Link for the announcement in late February!
• Family and friends (over age 18) can also join for the same low price!
Registration details will be announced in the January 11 edition of Link.
Here’s the current list of classes for the Spring session, which run through April 29.
*Franklin Building Sessions (*temporarily relocating to the CSU building)
• Stretch & Release: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
• Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.
• Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
• Crazy About Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.
Kaiser Mall Building (Room 260)
• Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, noon-12:45 p.m.
• Crazy About Core: Tuesday & Thursday, noon-12:45 p.m.
• Yoga: Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00-5:45 p.m.
More about the Classes
• Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
• Crazy About Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
• Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage – all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
• Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions?Contact Larry Wong at (510) 987-9772 or email@example.com, or Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or firstname.lastname@example.org