10-Second Bio: Christopher Rivers

Name: Christopher M. Rivers

Title: Senior Writer and Resource Development Analyst

Department/Unit: MESA (Math Science Engineering Achievement) program

Location: Kaiser, 7th Floor

How long I’ve been with UCOP: 2001 right after 9/11

What I do for OP in five words or less: Raise money to support MESA

The best part about working for OP: Despite recent challenges, OP has always valued and taken remarkable care of its employees. Colleagues are very cool and respectful, and being here gives you a system-wide view of issues that is not always possible at the individual campuses.

Something you don’t know about me: Performed an original play in the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland as a student actor from U.C. Davis in 1985. While living in Spain 4 years later, my Spanish was strong enough to fool a cop, who dropped all the charges 😉

One weird fact about the town I grew up in: Locals in Bolinas like to take down the road signs to keep the tourists away from their artist/writer’s colony near Point Reyes, as you may know. Although this is not the exact town I grew up in, we felt as though were allies in this clandestine, subversive activity. Growing up in Marin is like that.

If I could have any job in the world (besides the one I have now): Senior Numismatist (Coin Expert) for the big auction houses and major estate sales. Coin collecting is my passion (along with acting, the drums and martial arts).

Comment ( 1 )

Have Something To Say ?