Sign up for UCOP Summer WorkFit Program by June 7
Looking to stay or get in shape? Need to reduce stress or improve your overall sense of wellbeing? UCOP Risk Services has teamed up with the UC Berkeley Department of Recreational Sports to bring WorkFit classes to both Franklin and Kaiser worksites. These classes are led by certified instructors and are reserved specifically for OP staff.
Class sessions range from $30-$50. Enrollment for our 12-week WorkFit Summer 2010 program, which runs from June 7/8 through August 27, will officially open on Wednesday, June 2. OP staff will be able to sign up online at the following website: http://www.recsports.berkeley.edu/workfitpayment. (Select from the options under UCOP.) A Flex Pass is available for $50 and covers all classes at any time at at both sites. The original mini-pilot, suggested by EVP of Business Operations Nathan Brostrom, sold out faster than $5 Springsteen tickets, so sign up early!
The Circuit Training classes are designed to help build strength, endurance, flexibility and balance. The yoga classes focus on learning sun salutations and seated/standing poses as well as proper breathing techniques.
Franklin Street Building Sessions (former credit union space)
- *Circuit Training: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 11:30 am-12:15 pm – $35
- Circuit Training: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 12:30-1:15 pm – $35
- Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 11:15 am-noon – $30
- Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 1:00-1:45 pm – $30
- Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 4:45-5:30 pm – $30
- Yoga: Monday & Wednesday, 4:45-5:30 pm – $30
*Class will not be held on June 7 and Aug 18. Participants will receive a coupon for use at the sessions of their choice.
Kaiser Mall Building (Room 260)
- Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, noon-12:45 pm – $35
- Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, noon-12:45 pm – $30
- Yoga: Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00- 5:45 pm – $30