Aug. 25 training: The Employee Role in Performance Appraisals
It’s time to evaluate your job performance over the past year. All departments should have employees’ appraisals (covering the fiscal year 7/1/09-6/30/10) completed by September 30.
Training and resources from Human Resources will help you make the most of the performance appraisal process, and the Performance Appraisal Resources web page is the place to start.
Sign up for the following sessions on the UC Learning Center using your UCOP username and password. Search for the session title; click Register to make your selection; then click Submit.
The Employee Role in Performance Appraisals
Offered as either in person or online, this class helps you participate effectively in the entire performance appraisal process. Learn how to prepare your self-appraisal, play an active role in the evaluation process and build a collaborative relationship with your supervisor.
- Wednesday, August 25, 9:00-11:00 a.m., Franklin 11326
- Thursday, September 9, 9:00-11:00 a.m., Franklin 11326
Preparing for Your Performance Appraisal (online)
This worksheet helps employees assess their readiness, write self-assessments and keep a performance log.
UCOP Brown Bag Series – Performance Appraisals at UCOP
In this informal lunchtime session, employees learn about the appraisal process and available resources, hear about best practices and have an opportunity to ask questions. Contact Tacy Trowbridge at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a session specifically for your department.
Performance Evaluation Forms
Performance evaluations at UCOP include:
- A description of performance goals and objectives,
- Examples of how the previous goals were met and
- A performance rating on a 5-point scale.
Access the forms that will be used in your evaluation from the Performance Appraisal Resources page. (Departments may use alternative forms for this process that include the elements above.)
- MSP-PSS (non-supervisory) Performance Evaluation Form
- MSP-PSS (manager/supervisor) Performance Evaluation Form
- Represented Employees Performance Evaluation Forms
- Performance Management for Senior Administrators
- SMG Performance Goals and Objectives
Learn more about the Appraisal Process and Appraisal Policies & Guidelines. Click here for FAQs about the performance appraisal process.
Resources for supervisors are also available on the Performance Appraisal Resources page.