Fall 2010 WorkFit program started Sept. 13
Free, One-Week Trial
The fun is back! UCOP kicked off its Fall 2010 WorkFit program on Monday, Sept. 13 with a free, one-week trial. Bring your workout gear and experience first-hand what all your colleagues are raving about.
You can try out as many classes as you want during the one-week, free trial. That’s up to 21 free classes. All experience levels are welcome! The certified instructors can modify nearly every exercise for any skill level. Click here to sign up now. (When registering, disregard the screen that asks for your UC Berkeley employee number.)
Here’s the list of classes, which run through Dec. 23. Classes will not be held Thanksgiving week.
*Franklin Building Sessions (former credit union space)
- Stretch & Release: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Crazy About Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 4:45-5:30 p.m.
- Yoga: Monday & Wednesday, 4:45-5:30 p.m.
*Oct. 15: Midday classes will be held, weather permitting, on the fifth floor terrace.
Kaiser Mall Building (Room 260)
- Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, noon-12:45 p.m.
- Crazy About Core: Tuesday & Thursday, noon-12:45 p.m.
- Yoga: Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00-5:45 p.m.
More about the Classes
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy About Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage – all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
Get in Gear
OP’s WorkFit program is the perfect way to start exercising. Or just add to your existing exercise program. The certified instructors can tailor just about every exercise for your skill level.
For your $50 participation fee, you can attend any class, any time, at either location. That’s right: all for less than $1 a day!
So what are you waiting for? Sign up now. (When registering, disregard the screen that asks for your UC Berkeley employee number.) WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Click here to read a Link article about the Summer 2010 WorkFit program.
Questions? Contact Larry Wong at (510) 987-9772 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or email@example.com.