New class for Fall 2010 WorkFit Program – Zumba
The Fall 2010 WorkFit Program, which runs through Wednesday, Dec. 22, has a new class beginning this Thursday, Dec. 2. The new class, Zumba, is aerobic dance exercise to a Latin beat. It’s a full cardio workout – and fun to boot!
There are three free Zumba classes on Dec. 2, 9 and 16, from 4:45-5:30 p.m. in the Franklin Builiding, former credit union space. Come join the fun with certified Zumba instructor Geoffrey Suguitan. (Space is limited to 20 participants in the Zumba class. Please arrive early.)
Mid-season FlexPasses, valid through Dec. 22, are still available for $35. The FlexPass is good for any class, any time, at either location (Franklin and Kaiser Mall Buildings) through the end of the Fall 2010 WorkFit Program. (A description and schedule of classes is below.)
Register for the program by logging on to the UC Berkeley RecSports website at: https://thriva.activenetwork.com/Reg4/Form.aspx?IDTD=870&RF=3209050&Product=4708219. When prompted to enter your UCB employee number, enter your UCOP employee number instead.
The WorkFit Program is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services, in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Schedule of Classes
Franklin Building Sessions (former credit union space)
*Space is limited to 20 participants in the Zumba class. Please arrive early.
- Stretch & Release: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Crazy About Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.
- Circuit Training: Tuesday, 4:45-5:30 p.m.
- Zumba: Thursday, 4:45-5:30 p.m.*
- Yoga: Monday & Wednesday, 4:45-5:30 p.m.
Kaiser Mall Building (Room 260)
- Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, noon-12:45 p.m.
- Crazy About Core: Tuesday & Thursday, noon-12:45 p.m.
- Yoga: Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00- 5:45 p.m.
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy About Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage, all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Zumba is aerobic dance exercise to a Latin beat. It’s a full cardio workout.