Summer 2011 WorkFit Program resumes
Bring your sweats. Grab a colleague. Nudge your spouse or siblings to join you as the popular WorkFit program returns to OP Monday, May 23, with a try-it-for-free week.
If you haven’t tried it, now is the time! WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level.
There’s great news for Franklin WorkFitters: While the Lobby One Conference Room is dedicated to building operations during the day, it is available to the program after 4:30 p.m. most days.
The summer schedule will be a bit irregular in order to accommodate already scheduled events, but yoga and Zumba will join the program one day a week (see schedule below). The midday session will continue temporarily at the CSU Building, 1000 Broadway, Room 1. Zumba is also coming to Kaiser WorkFitters.
Three membership options are offered for the summer session:
- Full membership ($50) allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location for the entire session.
- Half session ($30) allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location for the first half of the summer session (May 23 through July 15).
- A second half-session membership will be offered for $30 (July 18 through August 26). Keep an eye on Link for further announcements.
Family and friends (over age 18) can also join for the same low price.
To register, log onto the UCB Rec Sports website. If you are a new enrollee, set up a profile identifying your affiliation as “community.” Once you are set up and logged in, search by UCOP to find the membership offerings. Summer session class offerings include:
Franklin Building Sessions (*CSU building and Lobby One Conference Room)
- *Stretch and Release: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 11:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
- *Circuit Training: Monday & Wednesday, 12:20–1:05 p.m.
- *Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 11:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
- *Crazy about Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12:20–1:05 p.m.
- *Yoga Toning: Friday, 12:20–1:05 p.m
- Yoga (see schedule below): 4:45–5:30 p.m. in Lobby One Conference Room
- Zumba (see schedule below): 4:45–5:30 p.m. in Lobby One Conference Room
Franklin Lobby One Conference Room yoga (Y) and Zumba (Z) schedule:
Kaiser Building Sessions (Room 260):
- Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12–12:45 p.m.
- Crazy about Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12–12:45 p.m.
- Yoga: Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00–5:45 p.m.
- Zumba: Wednesday, 12–12:45 p.m
More about the classes
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy about Core helps strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage, all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Yoga Toning is a power workout using yoga movements to improve strength, flexibility and endurance. A nice complementary workout to Circuit Training.
- Zumba is a full cardio workout done to the beat of Latin music.
WorkFit is sponsored by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports. For questions, please contact Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or email@example.com.