It’s not too late to sign up for summer 2011 WorkFit Program
Labor Day means that summer is here and so is the summer 2011 session of WorkFit.
The summer session officially kicked off Tuesday, May 31. So bring your sweats! Grab a colleague! Take a friend! Nudge your spouse or siblings to join you.
New for Franklin is Yoga Toning on Fridays. Both Franklin and Kaiser are enjoying Zumba. If you haven’t tried it, now is the time! WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level.
Once again, three membership options are offered for Summer:
• Full membership for the summer session is $50. This allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location until the end of the session August 26, 2011.
• Half-Session $30. This allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location for the first half of the summer 2011 session until July 15, 2011
• A second half-session membership will be offered for $30 from July 18 – Aug. 26, 2011- keep an eye on Link for the announcement in early July!
• Family and friends (over age 18) can also join for the same low price!
To register, log onto the UCB Rec Sports website: https://myrecreation.berkeley.edu/store/login.aspx
If you are a new enrollee, please set up a new profile identifying your affiliation as Community. Once you are set up and logged in, search by UCOP to find the membership offerings.
Here’s the current list of classes for the summer session:
Franklin Building Sessions (*CSU building, 1000 Broadway, Room 1, **Franklin Lobby 1)
• *Stretch & Release: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
• *Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.
• *Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
• *Crazy About Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.
• *Yoga Toning: Friday, 12:20-1:05 p.m
• **Yoga: See calendar (following), 4:45-5:30 p.m. (Lobby)
• **Zumba: See calendar (following), 4:45-5:30 p.m. (Lobby)
Kaiser Mall Building (Room 260)
• Circuit Training: Monday , Wednesday & Friday, noon-12:45 p.m.
• Crazy About Core: Tuesday & Thursday, noon-12:45 p.m.
• Yoga: Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00-5:45 p.m.
• Zumba: Wednesday, 5-5:45 p.m
More about the Classes
• Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
• Crazy About Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
• Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage – all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
• Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
• Yoga Toning is a power workout using Yoga movements to improve strength, flexibility and endurance. A nice complementary workout to Circuit training.
• Zumba is a full cardio workout done to the beat of Latin music.
Franklin PM Yoga and Zumba schedule (Y-Yoga, Z-Zumba) :
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions? Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or email@example.com.