Reminder about transition to Outlook room bookings
On Monday, Dec. 19, BASC Director Karla Campbell and IT Infrastructure Services Director Shirley Bittlingmeier issued this message to the UCOP community about the transition from iSchedule to the Outlook room scheduling feature:
Starting Thursday, Dec. 22, UCOP personnel will use a single system – Outlook – to reserve UCOP conference rooms and to schedule meetings. iSchedule, our former room reservation system, will no longer be used as of 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 21. It will be available in read-only mode for one month afterwards as a reference.
- Between now and Wednesday, Dec. 21, at 5 p.m., you should finish updating Outlook meetings to include any conference room reservations originally made in iSchedule for meeting dates Dec. 22 and after.
- Remember that until Dec. 22, you still must reserve rooms in both iSchedule and Outlook for meetings through Dec. 21 to avoid any scheduling conflicts.
Detailed information about the conference room scheduling project is available on the BASC website, including instructions:
- How to reserve rooms in Outlook – instructions for PC and Mac, and a video tutorial for the PC.
- How to get a complete list of your existing iSchedule reservations.
- Using OWA to reserve a conference room.
BASC and ITS appreciate everyone’s efforts and good attitude over the past three weeks as we have transitioned from iSchedule to Outlook. The transition has gone smoothly and there were few conflicts with double-booked rooms. We can all look forward now to the ease and convenience of having one system for meeting scheduling and conference room reservations.
Please continue to direct questions to the Work Management Center in BASC at email@example.com or 987-0600.
Thank you for your support!