New classes on leadership skills, managing relationship dynamics
With the new year, we are pleased to announce several new courses that are being offered to UCOP employees.
Influencing Without Authority
When: Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012
Where: AM Session—8:30am to 12:30pm, Franklin 10325
Afternoon Session—1pm to 5pm, Franklin 12322
Learn critical skills and techniques necessary to manage the often complex relationship dynamics of influence in the workplace.
- Understand the nature and sources of power and influence in an organization
- Master how to leverage personal political power
- Gain an understanding of the primary strategies of influence , i.e. reciprocity, communication and styles of influence
- Get tips on building networks of relationships with stakeholders and influencers
Essentials of Leadership
When: Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012, 8:30am to 12:30pm
Where: Franklin, 12322
This foundational course teaches leaders how to get results through people. Learners acquire a set of essential skills to meet both practical business needs and people’s personal needs. They learn a set of proven interaction skills, discover seven Leadership Imperatives for meeting today’s challenges and realize their role as a catalyst leader—one who inspires others to act.
When: Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2012, 8:30am to 12:30pm
Where: Franklin, 11326
Building on the foundation of Essentials of Leadership, this workshop focuses on leaders’ crucial role in initiating change in the workplace. Leaders learn how to introduce a change initiative and lead discussions with employees to explore how best to implement the changes.
They also learn to help others overcome their resistance to change. These skills enhance a leader’s ability to minimize the potentially negative effects of change on morale, processes and productivity.
- Using your UCOP login and password, sign in to the UC Learning Center.
- Using the Search box on the left, type in the name of the class in which you are interested
- That will bring up Results of Search; click on the class being offered at UCOP
- Click Register next to the class title
- Click Submit
For more information about the courses, contact Linda Klink at 987-0673.