Spring 2012 WorkFit Program resumes Tuesday, Jan. 17
Is getting healthy on your list of New Year’s resolutions?
The popular WorkFit program returns for the Spring 2012 session starting Tuesday, Jan. 17, with a try-it-for-free week. You don’t need to register, just show up. Bring your sweats. Grab a colleague. Take a friend. Take your spouse. Get fit for free this week!
If you haven’t tried it, now is the time! WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level.
News for Franklin: While the Marriott/Oakland City Center is undergoing a remodel of their meeting spaces, the mid-day classes are temporarily relocating to CSU East Bay at 1000 Broadway (entrance is on the 11th Street side, halfway between Broadway and Franklin streets). Once again, Kate White and her staff at CSUEB will host the program in Room 1. Unfortunately this means curtailing the after-work schedule back to two days a week, but as soon as the Marriott is ready, the schedule will be expanded.
Also new this session is the Dawn Patrol Yoga, Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-7:45 a.m. in Lobby One. It’s a nice way to start the day.
News for Kaiser WorkFitters: The program will resume in the same space on the second floor of the two-story Kaiser Mall building adjacent to the garage.
Three membership options will be offered for the Fall session:
- Full membership for the Fall session is $50. This allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location until the end of the session April 27, 2012.
- Half-Session $30. This allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location for the first half of the Fall session through March 19, 2012.
- A second half-session membership will be offered for $30 — keep an eye on Link for the announcement in March!
Family and friends (over age 18) are welcome to join for the same low price.
To register, log on to UCB RecSorts website. Remember to select your campus affiliation as COMMUNITY.
Franklin/CSUEB Schedule (no classes Feb. 20, March 30, and the week of April 9)
- Yoga: Tuesday/Thursday, 7-7:45 AM, Lobby One
- Stretch & Release: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m., CSUEB
- Circuit Training: Monday/Wednesday, 12:20-1:05 p.m., CSUEB
- Yoga Toning: Friday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.,CSUEB
- *Yoga: Monday, 4:45-5:30 PM, Lobby One
- Circuit Training: Tuesday/Thursday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m., CSUEB
- Crazy About Core: Tuesday/Thursday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.,CSUEB
- *Zumba: Tuesday, 4:45-5:30 p.m., Lobby One
*Classes may be canceled due to space availability.
Kaiser Mall Building (Room 260) Schedule (no classes Feb. 20, March 30, and the week of April 9)
- Circuit Training: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, noon-12:45 p.m.
- Crazy about Core: Tuesday/Thursday, noon-12:45 p.m.
- Zumba: Monday/Wednesday, 5-5:45 p.m.
- Yoga: Tuesday/Thursday, 5-5:45 p.m.
About the Classes
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy about Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage – all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Yoga Toning (Franklin) is a power workout using Yoga movements to improve strength, flexibility and endurance. A nice complementary workout to Circuit training.
- Zumba is a cardio dance workout to the beat of Latin music.
For information including location details, registration link and schedule: check out the Topics of Interest section of the UCOP EHS website.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions? Contact Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.