Vote online in Staff Assembly election through June 22
Voter turnout in this month’s California primary hovered around 15 percent by some estimates. OP can do better! Vote in the OP Staff Assembly election by Friday, June 22.
If you are a UCOP career employee, you are a member of the OP Staff Assembly and eligible to vote for up to seven new members for the Staff Assembly Steering Committee.
Voting is easy and conducted online from Thursday, June 14 to 5 p.m. Friday, June 22. You can vote anytime during the election window.
Vote online for up to seven candidates. The website will include the ballot and a statement and photo for each candidate.
Here are the candidates (see the ballot for complete statements):
- Darlene Alvarez, administrative specialist in the Retirement Administration Service Center who joined UC last year;
- Teresa Alvarez, project management analyst in Ethics, Compliance and Audit Services who has worked at UC for 12 years;
- Nancy Chamberlain, pre-award team lead in the Office of Research and Graduate Studies who has worked at UC for 20 years;
- Claudia Escobar, senior analyst in Academic Planning who has been with UC for three years;
- Peter Forde, senior analyst in Innovation Alliances and Services who has been with UC for three years;
- Gemma Rieser, analyst in the Business Resource Center who has served UC for 25 years; and
- Alex Zabelin, event planner in the Business Resource Center. Alex joined UC one year ago.
Newly elected members will start their two-year terms in July, with the first meeting on Wednesday, July 11, 12 to 1 p.m. in Franklin 9204. All staff are encouraged to attend this meeting and all OP Staff Assembly meetings, which are held the second Wednesday of the month.
Thanks to those who serve on the Staff Assembly Steering Committee for their service and leadership. Leaving the committee this year are Kenneth Feer (2011–12 chair), Shelby Chin, Blaze Farrar, Ravinder Singh and Eric Zarate.
The OP Staff Assembly is an organization for staff that is dedicated to promoting the interest and welfare of all career employees. It is affiliated with the Council of UC Staff Assemblies (CUCSA), the systemwide staff group with representatives from all UC campuses and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory as well as OP.