What’s your talent? Join Staff Appreciation Week showcase
UCOP’s upcoming talent showcase, which will wrap up four days of Staff Appreciation Week activities, is still seeking performers and exhibitors to join the fun.
That’s right: UCOP’s got talent, and the show takes place Friday, Sept. 21, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m., in the Kaiser Auditorium. On top of live performances there will be arts and crafts exhibits, and wine and cheese will be served.
Communications Associate Vice President Lynn Tierney is still looking for live acts and a house band (piano, bass and drums) to provide the accompaniment. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the fun.
Cheryl Lloyd , director of Liability and Property Programs, will act as emcee, and here what’s in store so far:
- Juggling by Vanessa Corrêa, creative director, and Ethan Davis, senior artist, both in the Office of Communications
- Singing by Debora Obley, associate vice president of Budget and Capital Resources
- Singing by Ishtar Peeler, administrative assistant in the Office of General Counsel
- A yet-to-be-announced act by some of UCOP’s top leaders from the senior management group
- The Uke-Cs, an all-girl quartet featuring ukeleles and voice and starring Ginny Cox, operations consultant in the Center of Operation Excellence; Lyn Dunagan, evaluation and dissemination analyst in the Research Grants Program Office; Megan Pearse, administrative analyst in the Office of Research and Graduate Studies; and Emily Rader, senior administrative analyst in the Office of Research and Graduate Studies
UCOP staffers who do arts and crafts are also invited to exhibit their wares at Friday’s showcase. Please contact local HR Employee and Labor Relations Coordinator and OP Staff Assembly Chair Jeanie Urban at email@example.com if you are interested in participating. (This will be a showcase only, with no sales transactions.)
Check the Aug. 21 Link story for more details about UCOP’s Staff Appreciation Week, with four days of events Tuesday, Sept. 18, through Friday, Sept. 21.