It’s time to get fit: Fall 2012 WorkFit Program resumes
Summer may be over, but it’s never too late to get fit.
UCOP’s WorkFit program returned for the fall 2012 session starting yesterday, Monday, Sept. 17, with a try-it-for free week. You don’t need to register; just show up with your sweats and get fit for free this week. WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level.
New for fall: both Franklin and Kaiser will be moving into new spaces.
For Franklin participants, the mid-day classes are relocating to Franklin room 5305. Lobby 1 Confernce Room, subject to availability, will continue to host the after-work classes, which have moved to a 5:15 p.m. start time to allow greater flexibility in scheduling the space and to accommodate more after-work participants.
For Kaiser, the program will resume in Mall Room M204-C. It’s just around the corner and up a short flight of stairs from the current location. The space has been repainted and re-carpeted, and it has windows for a more pleasant workout experience.
Once again, three membership options will be offered for the fall session:
- Full membership at $50. This allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location until the end of the session Dec, 14, 2012.
- Half-session, at $30, allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location for the first half of the fall session, through Oct. 26, 2012.
- A second half-session membership is offered, also at $30, from Oct. 29 through Dec. 14, 2012.
Family and friends over age 18 are welcome to join for the same low price.
About the classes
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using props such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy about Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques, including yoga, trigger-point muscle release and self-massage, all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Zumba is a cardio dance workout to the beat of Latin music.
For details including location, schedule and how to register, go to the “News Worthy” section of the UCOP EHS website at http://www.ucop.edu/riskmgt/.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions? Contact Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or email@example.com.