Today’s Taco Tuesday kicks off Staff Appreciation Week
Be sure to get out and enjoy all the food, freebies and fun this week as Taco Tuesday launches UCOP Staff Appreciation Week today, Tuesday, Sept. 18, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Franklin fifth floor rooftop garden.
The midway fair–themed event will offer beef, chicken, pork and vegetable tacos with rice, beans and all the fixings, nonalcoholic margarita-flavored slushies, freshly popped popcorn and cotton candy.
But it’s not just about food. A new line of UC-branded merchandise — including water bottles and T-shirts — will be on display, with free samples of tote bags, gel pens, temporary tattoos and lapel buttons. And be sure to get a group photo while you’re there, from a photo booth that can hold up to 10 people at a time.
UCOP’s affinity groups will also be staffing tables to tell you all about their programs and upcoming activities. Visit all six stations and get your passport stamped to enter the raffle for one of these 19 prizes:
- One pair of tickets to S.F. Giants baseball, Saturday, Sept. 22, 6:05 p.m. vs. the San Diego Padres at AT&T Park in San Francisco (club level seats)
- Five bags of UC-branded merchandise, including a tote bag, T-shirt, water bottle, gel pens, tattoos and lapel buttons
- Six 20-minute massages by Michael O’Keefe, Franklin Building chair masseur
- Four $10 gift cards to the Franklin Building’s Eden Plaza Café
- Two bottles of UC Davis extra virgin olive oil
In other updates, Thursday’s do-it-yourself staff appreciation activity day includes an invitation to wear casual dress, as well as Blue & Gold colors. And don’t miss your free treat when the Onward California gelato truck makes a stop outside the Franklin St. entrance of the Franklin Building between 1 and 3 p.m.
The week culminates with Friday’s talent and awards showcase in the Kaiser Center Auditorium. Included will be presentation of the semi-annual Service Milestone Awards for 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years of service, arts and crafts exhibits, live performances and a wine and cheese reception.
For more details, see these Link stories: