Launch date for UCPath rescheduled to July 2014
The launch date for UCPath, the systemwide initiative that will replace UC’s 30-year-old and outdated Payroll/Personnel System (PPS), has been changed from July 1, 2013, to July 1, 2014.
The 2014 date is when employees at Wave 1 locations — including UCLA and its medical center, ASUCLA, UC Santa Cruz and UC Merced as well as UC Office of the President — will begin using UCPath online tools and shared services for many HR, benefits and payroll services.
The UCPath design phase is now complete, and the timeline for other locations is being assessed and finalized with input from the campuses and medical centers. Specific schedule(s) for each location will be determined by early April of this year.
UCPath, which stands for UC Payroll, Academic Personnel, Timekeeping and Human Resources system, will feature an integrated payroll, benefits and human resources system to support staff and academic processes for all UC employees systemwide.
It includes the UCPath Center near the UC Riverside campus, a new shared services center that will streamline and centralize many personnel processes, provide more timely and consistent data, and support better analysis and decision-making to achieve greater administrative and operational efficiencies.
Numerous leaders and subject matter experts across every UC campus and medical center are collaborating to implement UCPath. Some of its benefits and operational changes include:
- Employees will use a single online system for entering and viewing their HR, payroll and benefits information and for recording their personal information.
- Telephone and email support will be available for all UC employees and units supporting HR and payroll business processes weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Employees will be able to go online to track the status of their questions and requests with UCPath.
- Employment information will support smooth transitions when employees move between jobs at different UC locations.
- Managers will use UCPath for online approvals and routing to simplify and expedite certain HR transactions.
As UCPath moves forward, look for additional updates on the UCPath website.