UCOP’s own WorkFit program resumes onsite classes this week
UCOP’s WorkFit program returns for the summer 2013 session, starting this week, with a try-it-for free week offer you can’t refuse. You don’t even need to register: Just show up in your sweats and tennies and find out what your colleagues are buzzing about.
WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level, so it’s almost like having a personal trainer. Go to the Risk Services website for registration information and complete class schedules by Franklin and Kaiser locations.
Once again, three membership options will be offered for the summer session:
- Full membership, at $50, allows you unlimited classes at either location through the close of the session on Thursday, Aug. 29, 2013.
- Half-session #1, at $30, allows you unlimited classes at either location from this week through Thursday, June 27, 2013.
- Half-session #2, at $30, allows you unlimited classes at either location from Monday, July 8, 2013, through the end of the session on Aug. 29.
Family and friends (over age 18) are welcome to join for the same price.
About the classes
- Strength Training is an instructor-led group exercise that focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance using items such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy about Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage, all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Zumba is a cardio dance workout to the beat of Latin music.
WorkFit is a UCOP Risk Services partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions? Contact Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or email@example.com.