You are invited to engage: Staff Engagement updates
The Staff Engagement Initiative’s three work groups invite you to a series of brown bag lunches, beginning this week, to hear updates on their progress and ask questions. All sessions take place from 12 to 1 p.m. in 5320 Franklin:
- Tuesday, Oct 29: Career Development, led by Shirley Bittlingmeier of ITS and Tracy FitzGerald of Communications
- Friday, Nov. 1: Performance Management, led by Garen Corbett of Health Sciences and Services and Ryan Chan of Institutional Research
- Wednesday, Nov. 6: Communications, led by Patricia Osorio-O’Dea of Academic Planning, Programs & Coordination and Emily Rader of the Office of Research and Graduate Studies
The work groups were created based on the three key issues that emerged from UCOP’s 2012 Staff Engagement Survey. The work groups — each made up of a facilitator, co-facilitator (those named above) and seven participants — have met regularly for the last five weeks to investigate the survey findings and make recommendations for improvements.
At a meeting last January following the OP survey’s release, Executive Vice President Nathan Brostrom said he wants to see improvements in the three key areas and in UCOP staff’s overall engagement level. He worked with the OP Staff Assembly and UCOP Local Human Resources to set up the initiative and a steering committee.
Next steps for the work groups include reporting their recommendations to the UCOP Climate Council, EVP Brostrom and selected OP leadership by year-end. Then, in early 2014, the recommendations will be handed off to subject matter experts to develop action plans and engagement roadmaps in each of the three areas.
- See the Staff Engagement Survey results.
- See a complete list of Staff Engagement Initiative participants. (PDF)
- Questions? Contact OP Staff Assembly Staff Engagement Lead Jeanie Urban at Jeanie.Urban@ucop.edu.