10-second bio: Meet Loreaner Lopez, proud to be born and raised in Oakland

Loreaner Lopez

Name: Loreaner Lopez

Title: Work Management Center Supervisor

Department/Unit: Business Operations/Building and Administrative Service Center (BASC)

Location: 6th floor, Franklin

When I started working at UCOP: July 18, 2011

What I do for UCOP in five words or less: Lead/facilitate operational needs for UCOP

Best part about working for OP: My team and the people

Something you don’t know about me: I worked in the financial industry for 23 years, for one financial institution, before coming to UCOP. I worked as a teller, consumer loan officer, real estate loan officer, branch manager, and vice president of lending and collections.

One weird fact about the town I grew up in: I’m very proud to be an Oakland native — born and raised in the wonderful city of Oakland. Did you know…? Oakland ranked number 5 in the New York Times’ “45 Places To Go in 2012” list; it placed between #4 London and #6 Tokyo and was the highest ranked North American city in that year’s list.

If I could have any job in the world (besides the one I have now) I would be: Working in some type of job that helps Bay Area homeless families get back on their feet.

Comments ( 4 )

Have Something To Say ?

1. Emily Montan April 22, 2014 Reply

We are glad to have Loreaner as part of the UC family. I love Oakland even though I wasn’t born here. Congratulations Loreaner!

2. Scott McIntyre April 22, 2014 Reply

Great to get to know you a little better Loreaner. Bet we could share some great stories about lending and collections.

3. Darryl Brown April 23, 2014 Reply

Very interesting!

I feel fortunate to have you as a team member. Thank you for all you do! 🙂

4. Kim Blodgett June 23, 2014 Reply

I can ALWAYS depend on 10+ customer service from Loreaner..