Summer UC Online Education classes open for registration with discount
UC Online is offering discounts to faculty, staff and their family members on 10 summer session courses.
Registration is now open for six of the courses, with the others opening May 23.
UC Online Education (UCOE), in partnership with systemwide Human Resources – Employee Relations, offers the discount on UCOE courses. Faculty, staff and their spouses or domestic partners and tax dependents are eligible for the discount, provided they are not current UC students.
Summer session classes include:
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Scientists and Engineers
- Introduction to Writing and Rhetoric
- Preparation for General Chemistry
- Calculus for Science, Engineering, and Mathematics 19A
- Calculus for Science, Engineering, and Mathematics 19B
- Introduction to Fresh Water: Processes and Policy
- Dance: Cultures and Contexts
- Introduction to Computer Science for Science, Mathematics, and Engineering I
- Introduction to Computer Science for Science, Mathematics, and Engineering II
- Introduction to Latin America
The UCOE employee discount is a pilot program and is in addition to, and not a substitute for, the current employee-only tuition discount program for staff admitted to the university provided for in Regents policy 7502.
Participation by represented employees is subject to collective bargaining. Please check with your representative to ensure your eligibility prior to beginning the registration process.
Classes begin on various dates from June 9 through Aug. 4. Spaces in some classes are limited; so early registration is recommended.
For more information, including course descriptions and dates, visit UC Online Education at http://uconline.edu. Select the UC Employees link for specific program information and registration instructions.