Tech Fair 2014 today, Aug. 19: Learn more about ITS services
There won’t be a Ferris wheel or cotton candy, but there will be information booths, product demonstrations, refreshments, giveaways and a drawing for a free iPad.
It’s UCOP’s very own Tech Fair 2014 — where Information Technology Services (ITS) will showcase its latest products and services — Tuesday, Aug. 19, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Franklin Lobby 1. (Click on link to add event to your calendar.)
Learn more about software and service upgrades coming to your area soon, including demonstrations of cloud computing, Fuze videoconferencing, Windows 7/MS Office 2010 training and more.
“We have a number of new projects in the works and want to assure everyone that there is a method to the madness,” said Shirley Bittlingmeier, ITS Client Services Officer. “We’re coordinating all these new products to provide updated technology, best practices, improved security, greater efficiency, and better service overall.”
The fair will feature eight booths, each one staffed by ITS experts, where attendees can see demonstrations and get hands-on experience with some of OP’s new technology products (see more below.) The iPad drawing will be held at 12:30 p.m. at the fair, and the winner must be present to win.
Here’s more about the Tech Fair booths where you can see demos, get hands-on experience and ask questions:
- Anytime/Anywhere Access: Learn more about cloud computing, which enables users to access a private cloud and use any device to do their work computing. The program started rolling out in July and is scheduled to be operational throughout OP by February 2015.
- Technology Asset Management Program (TAMP): New desktop and laptop computing systems and the latest smartphone and tablets will be displayed.
- Fuze videoconferencing: See Fuze in action from multiple locations. Fuze is a new videoconferencing tool that offers greater versatility and efficiency than the tools UCOP is currently using.
- Service Now: The Service Now ticketing system will be up and running and taking new tickets from visitors in need of service.
- Microsoft Windows 7/Office 2010: Learn more about software upgrades that will be rolled out simultaneously with cloud computing as well as upcoming training in the new software.