Kick off Staff Appreciation with tacos and more on Sept. 30
Staff Appreciation Week is once again bringing the taco truck right here to the Franklin fifth floor patio to kick off UCOP’s annual week of celebrating staff on Tuesday, Sept. 30, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The event will feature great eats, tabling by all of UCOP’s staff affinity groups, prizes and a chance to mingle with your friends and colleagues.
Tortilleria El Molino of Concord, whose tacos got rave reviews the last two years, returns with a variety of meat and vegetarian tacos with all the fixings. There will also be drinks and desserts, including churros and Italian ice.
All UCOP’s staff affinity groups will have information tables, including a new group, UC Alumni on Staff, that is looking for participation among UCOP staffers who are also alumni of a UC campus. The Project Management Interest Group will have games, and OP Staff Assembly will raffle off pairs of their famous OPSA wine tumblers. Other groups represented will include:
- Asian Pacific Islander Staff Association
- Black Staff and Faculty Association
- Lakeside Speakeasy Toastmasters
- Latino Staff Association
- President’s Advisory Committee on the Status of Women
- UCOP Crafters
- UCOP Pride
- UCOP Singers
- Young Professionals Association
Be sure to pick up a raffle ticket at the event! Have it stamped at each table, fill in your name and phone number and drop it into the box for a chance to win gift cards and other fun prizes.
Staff Appreciation Week takes place through Oct. 3 and also includes these events:
- Wednesday, Oct. 1, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.:Come to 5320 Franklin (note new room) to help fill backpacks with supplies for youth residents of Oakland’s Covenant House, with the goal of filling 25 to 40 backpacks. Contact Paul Lechner at Paul.Lechner@ucop.edu if you’d like to join the effort. Contact Alina Tejera at Alina.Tejera@ucop.edu if you’d like to donate funds to help purchase supplies.
- Thursday, Oct. 2, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.: The Oakland Museum, 1000 Oak St., is opening its doors free of charge to UCOP staffers who show their staff badge at the door.
- Friday, Oct. 3, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.: The popular talent show returns to Kaiser Auditorium, featuring performers from UCOP’s Oakland-based community and the semi-annual Milestone Service Awards as well as a wine and cheese reception.
Look for ongoing updates in Link next week!