Office closures for November, December and January holidays
The holidays are fast approaching! UCOP offices will be closed on the following dates in November:
- Veteran’s Day: Tuesday, Nov. 11 (tomorrow)
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, Nov. 27, and Friday, Nov. 28
Winter holidays will be observed this year on Dec. 24 and 25, and New Year holidays will be observed on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1, but UCOP offices will be closed from Dec. 24 through Jan. 1, as follows:
- Winter holidays (paid): Dec. 24, 25 and 31 and Jan. 1
- Office closure (unpaid): Dec. 26, 29 and 30
- Office reopens: Friday, Jan. 2, 2015
Eligible employees can use vacation, compensatory time or leave without pay to cover the three workdays during closure. If you haven’t accumulated enough vacation leave by December to cover those days, arrangements can be made to allow you to borrow against future vacation time.
Each department head may identify essential services that must be maintained during this period and plan for staffing accordingly.
For questions about the holiday schedule, please contact Local HR Executive Director John Fox at John.Fox@ucop.edu.