Become a certified emergency responder: CPR/AED classes announced
Are you interested in becoming a certified emergency responder?
UCOP is sponsoring several three-hour training sessions of the American Heart Association’s Heartsaver® training course, a classroom, instructor-led course in performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and using the automated external defibrillator (AED).
Those who successfully complete one session will receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR AED Course Completion Card that is valid for two years. The classes are offered through OP’s Office of Risk Services.
Registration is open to those interested in becoming certified or in recertifying. Every student will have hands-on skills practice with a mannequin and receive feedback from the instructor.
Each session is limited to only 12 participants, and sessions are expected to fill up, so act quickly to reserve your spot or to be placed on the waiting list:
- Tuesday, May 12, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m., Franklin Lobby 1
- Tuesday, May 12, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., Franklin Lobby 1
- Friday, May 15, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m., Kaiser 512
- Friday, May 15, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., Kaiser 512
- Tuesday, June 2, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m., Franklin Lobby 1
- Tuesday, June 2, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., Franklin Lobby 1
- Wednesday, June 3, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., Kaiser 512
- Friday, June 19, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m., Franklin Lobby 1
- Friday, June 19, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., Franklin Lobby 1
UCOP established the Oakland-based CPR/AED program several years ago. Such programs have been shown to dramatically improve the survivability of a heart attack. Certified emergency responders and other staff trained in first aid and as floor wardens are a critical component of UCOP’s overall emergency plans.
Register through the UC Learning Center:
- Log in with your UCOP user name and password.
- Search for the class title “CPR” or “AED.”
- Click REGISTER next to the class, then SUBMIT.
For questions contact Shaudreya Waterman at 510-987-9827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.