From staff’s ideas to new OPSA programs
In early June, OP Staff Assembly (OPSA) asked for your suggestions for brown bags and other events. The steering committee received more than two dozen responses and selected five by vote. Staff members who submitted the winning ideas were invited to the Aug. 12 OPSA meeting to talk more about their ideas and how to see them come to life. In addition, they each won two OPSA wineglasses.
The winners and their submissions are listed below. If you would like to help with any of these events, please contact the person listed and program co-chairs Karin Rice and Bobby Cook.
- June Yu: presentation on the Oakland area: its history, its neighborhoods, its restaurants and more
- Joanne Yonemura: UC ANR’s Master Gardener demonstration with a Q&A on gardening tips
- Lexi Rivetti: a fun and educational event devoted to California’s water supply for National Water Quality Month (August), possibly including snacks made with drought-tolerant/resistant crops
- Kathy Kirkpatrick: brown bags on the subject of elder care, dementia, Alzheimer’s
- Name not provided: major fundraising event led by staff affinity groups working together, with proceeds going to several Oakland charitable organizations, possibly around the end of the year
OP Staff Assembly thanks everyone who submitted program ideas. The list of ideas not chosen will be referenced for possible future events. Your response helps us to stay informed about OP staff’s interests.
The OP Staff Assembly meets the second Wednesday of the month, from 12 to 1 p.m. Look on the Link calendar for the location of each meeting.