This Thursday: Find out about Toastmasters at Feb. 16 open house
“The Lakeside Speakeasy Toastmasters group provides a sense of community and support, a safe environment in which to stretch and grow.”
“Thanks to practice and coaching, I have less fear and more freedom when I speak extemporaneously. The butterflies are still there but they are learning to fly in formation.”
These testimonials from two UCOP participants reveal the power of Toastmasters to ease the fears of public speaking. Toastmasters clubs offer affordable communication and leadership training in a friendly and supportive environment.
If you’d like to feel more confident speaking up in groups, the local Lakeside Speakeasy Toastmasters chapter is offering an open house to give you an idea of what their meetings are like:
Date: Thursday, Feb. 16
Time: 12:05 to 12:55 p.m.
Location: Kaiser 712
Space is limited, so please contact Gemma.Rieser@ucop.edu to RSVP or ask questions about this event. Feel free to bring your lunch. Beverages and dessert will be provided.
Six reasons you should consider Toastmasters:
- Overcome public speaking fears; find your voice!
- Refine your communication skills: learn how to speak to inform, to inspire, to entertain
- Provide and receive regular constructive feedback
- Practice thinking on your feet
- Develop self-confidence and poise
- Polish your leadership skills through club involvement