Upcoming development opportunities: Make work easier for yourself and your co-workers
Face it: we all have work habits that we can improve. As part of 2019’s Learning and Development lineup, upcoming sessions led by some of our most popular trainers will address essential professional skills.
Sign up for any of the classes below on the UC Learning Center.
My UC Career Workshop (brown bag)
Jan. 29 (Franklin) / Feb. 14 (Kaiser)
Do your career a favor! Learn about the My UC Career portal. We will demo what it can do for you to advance your career at UC.
- Identify how you can achieve your career goals within UC and discover your UC career mobility options
- Highlight your accomplishments
- Leverage your network
- Build your resume and interview skills
Jan. 30, 2019 19, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
This course is taught by Pierre Khawand and was described by one UCOP employee as “life changing.” Participants will gain strategies to:
- Better manage interruptions and stay focused while still being responsive to the needs of team members
- Work more strategically instead of working harder
- Manage competing priorities and better align daily activities with goals
ITS Technology Series
Brush up on technologies regularly used at UCOP. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced user, subject matter experts will be running in-person classes to help you maximize your productivity with Box file sharing and Zoom videoconferencing.
Feb. 5, 2019, 12-1 p.m.
Feb. 19, 2019, 2 p.m.-3 p.m.
PowerPoint: Dynamic Presentations (online class available)
Feb. 21, 2019, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
This is a project-based class, where you come with your own PowerPoint project and leave with a more polished, dynamic presentation. If you don’t bring a project, one will be provided to you. Highlights:
- Develop persuasive, dynamic presentations that combine graphics, text and animation effects, maximizing the impact of your message
- Transfer information into PowerPoint easily, including from outside sources such as Excel and Word
- Give your work a professional look with standard PowerPoint Themes and/or your organization’s theme
- Create your own slide layout and create and edit Master Slides
Questions about this or other UC Learning Center classes? Contact Annie.Prozan@ucop.edu