Join the UCRS Advisory Board
Nomination applications are being accepted through May 1, 2019 for two open seats on the UC Retirement System (UCRS) Advisory Board — an 11-member board that meets three times a year to discuss topics of interest to UCRS members, retirees and beneficiaries.
In addition to the two seats held by elected staff representatives, the board includes members of the President’s executive cabinet, faculty appointed by the UC Academic Senate and representatives of the Council of UC Emeriti Associations and Council of UC Retiree Associations. Board members’ opinions are shared with the president of the university.
Which retirement plans does the UCRS Advisory Board cover?
- University of California Retirement Plan (UCRP)
- Tax-Deferred 403(b) Plan
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Defined Contribution Plan
- The 415(m) Restoration Plan
What are the qualifications to be a staff member of the UCRS Advisory Board?
- Applicants must be active University of California Retirement Plan (UCRP) members or active Savings Choice participants in the UC Defined Contribution Plan
- The following staff are not eligible:
- Members of the Academic Senate
- UCOP employees who are involved in making UCRS policy or providing legal advice about UCRS
- Employees of the Offices of Internal Audit (campuses, laboratories or UCOP)
How long is each UCRS Advisory Board staff member term?
Staff members serve four-year terms.
What is required for a nomination application?
Applicants must complete all required forms, which can be found in English and Spanish on the UCRS Advisory Board 2019 Elections website or at local benefits offices. This includes:
- A signed background information sheet
- A candidate statement
- A nomination petition with at least 50 valid signatures from active UCRP members or Savings Choice participants (who are not members of the Academic Senate)
- A signed rules of campaign conduct form.
How does the election process work?
In mid-May, a list of qualified candidates and their statements will be posted at the UCRS Advisory Board election website. From May 20-June 17, all active, eligible UCRP members or Savings Choice participants (who are not part of the Academic Senate) will participate in an online election. Final election results will be posted at the website by the end of June.
Learn more at the UCRS Advisory Board election website.
Tags: retirement, UCRS advisory board