UCOP Chancellor Chats start on May 2
President Napolitano recently introduced an exciting new speaker series for UC staff: Chancellor Chats!
Starting with UC Santa Cruz Chancellor George R. Blumenthal on May 2, chancellors will take turns engaging with UCOP staff in friendly, informal conversations.
These interactive sessions — sponsored by the UCOP Staff Assembly — will give chancellors and OP employees an opportunity to get to know each other, and to help UCOP staff better understand chancellors’ priorities and challenges.
Meetings will generally take place on the first Wednesday of each month, from 3-4 p.m., in the Oakland Franklin Street building, Lobby 1. All Chancellor Chats will be webcast via Zoom, making them accessible to employees who work outside of Oakland or are unable to attend in person.
“These conversations represent a special opportunity for UCOP staff to get to know chancellors better and feel more connected to the daily work of the campuses,” says President Napolitano. “I encourage all interested staff to attend in person or tune in.”
Please mark your calendar and join us! Zoom information for the May 2 Chancellor Chat will be available soon.
Chancellor Chats schedule
- Thursday, May 2 — Chancellor Blumenthal, UC Santa Cruz
- Wednesday, June 5 — Chancellor Christ, UC Berkeley
- Wednesday, July 10 — Chancellor Wilcox, UC Riverside
- Wednesday, October 2 — Chancellor Block, UCLA
- Wednesday, January 8 — Chancellor Gillman, UC Irvine
- Wednesday, February 5 — Chancellor May, UC Davis
- Wednesday, March 4 — Chancellor Hawgood, UCSF
- Wednesday, April 1 — Interim Chancellor Brostrom, UC Merced
- Wednesday, May 6 — Chancellor Yang, UC Santa Barbara
- Wednesday, June 3 — Chancellor Larive, UC Santa Cruz
- Web link: https://UCOP.zoom.us/j/541173941
- iPhone one-tap: +16699006833,,541173941# or +16468769923,,541173941#
- Phone: +1 (669) 900-6833 or +1 (646) 876-9923
- International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/awkF1rsj0
Webinar ID: 541-173-941
Questions? Contact Link.