Supporting the Mission… Empowering HR: The Inaugural UC Systemwide Human Resources Institute, October 28-30
The University of California employs more than 200,000 individuals in academic and non-academic roles — and Human Resources and Academic Personnel professionals are vital to making UC a workplace of choice. The UC Systemwide Human Resources Institute is designed to empower HR professionals at UC to develop, maintain and own their expertise.
The inaugural UC Systemwide Human Resources Institute will be held October 28-30, 2019 at the San Diego Marriott in La Jolla, California. Over the course of three days, HR professionals will have the opportunity to network with colleagues from across the system and to support each other in charting a Human Resources career path at UC.
The story of the UC Systemwide Human Resources Institute
Designed to be a celebration of UC’s HR professionals, the institute is one of many innovative strategic initiatives that have been implemented under Vice President of Systemwide Human Resources Dwaine B. Duckett and his leadership team over the last 10 years.
As Duckett explains in his invitation to the event, “Human Resources is a critical strategic partner ensuring that the University of California meets its mission of teaching, research and public service through the people who work at UC. Developing our UC HR professionals’ capabilities in support of this mission is one of my highest priorities.”
In addition to dozens of sessions covering topics from disability and leave management to thinking and communicating strategically, the institute will feature keynote addresses by:
- Dwaine B. Duckett, Vice President, Systemwide Human Resources, University of California
- Ann Phillips, Senior Consulting Partner, The Ken Blanchard Companies
- Kevin Kish, Director, California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
Who should attend?
The Institute is open to:
- Human Resources professionals who are new to UC, new to HR or new to public sector/higher education HR
- Mid-career HR employees who seek to further their professional growth
- Senior level HR professionals looking to share their expertise and mentor their colleagues
Register soon to reserve your place
Online registration & hotel booking will open on July 1, 2019. Space is limited, so you are encouraged to register early.
Tags: human resources, OP news, professional development