UC Virtual Career Series: Marketing Your Ph.D. for a Non-Academic Career
On Tuesday, July 9, from 12-1 p.m., the popular UC Virtual Career Series returns with another live, online episode: Marketing Your Ph.D. for a Non-Academic Career.
During this episode, UC alumni panelists will share how they transitioned their careers from academia to the private and public sector and will give practical, relevant advice for other professionals hoping to follow in their footsteps. Viewers will walk away with ideas for applying academic training to industry roles in a variety of fields.
This event will be moderated by Michael Matrone, Ph.D., program director for Ph.D. Career and Professional Development at UC San Francisco, and will include insights from three panelists:
- Joseph Bernardo, Ph.D. (UC Santa Barbara), Intercultural Affairs Associate at Loyola Marymount University
- Dave Galgoczy, Ph.D. (UC San Francisco), biotechnology consultant
- Shruti Kapoor, Ph.D. (UC Riverside), founder, Sayfty
This free session is open to all UCOP staff. To reserve your place, register online now.
And, check in soon for upcoming episodes:
- Leveraging your UC network, August 21, 2019
- Leveraging LinkedIn, September 2019
- Professional Insights from Career Coaches, October 2019
- Inside the Hiring Process: Insights from Recruiters, November 2019
Questions? Contact Katie Ward.Tags: event, professional development, virtual career series